in Cumberland, Hagerstown, Morgantown
Children are a true blessing, and we love kids at Allegany Plastic Surgery! The changes that result from childbearing, however, are not always such a blessing. Pregnancy and the hormone changes that accompany it often produce predictable and often unwanted changes to a woman’s figure. These include:
- Stretch marks of the skin of the breasts or the trunk.
- Loss of volume and/or sagging of the breasts.
- Stretched out or sagging skin of the stomach.
- Loss of muscle tone of the abdomen and looseness of the abdominal muscles.
- Unwanted fat collections in the belly, flanks, and hips.
- Unsightly C-section scars.
Dr. Robert Carpenter Results
Correcting Pregnancy Changes with a Mommy Makeover
After childbearing many women want to correct these changes to their bodies and return to how they used to look. Common techniques to correct these changes typical of pregnancy include:
- Breast augmentation, which corrects the loss of the breast tissue that follows breastfeeding.
- Breastlift, which corrects sagging of the breasts and can lessen the appearance of stretch marks of the breast skin.
- Liposuction to remove unwanted fat collections in the abdomen, flanks, or hips.
- Tummy tuck, which removes stretch marks, tightens abdominal muscles, tightens the abdominal skin, and can rearrange unsightly C-section scars.
- Often a combination of these procedures is used to achieve the best outcome.
“Dr. Carpenter is AMAZING!!! He knows what he is doing and he listens to all of your concerns. I am only 6 hours out and I can clearly see a difference! I cannot say enough wonderful things about him, I highly recommend him!!!”
Mothers can achieve certain desires with a mommy makeover procedure. Our surgeons offer this option to women in the Cumberland, Hagerstown, and Morgantown areas.
Recovery from a Mommy Makeover can depend on which procedures and area of the body. Full recovery can be expected between four and six weeks. Dr. Carpenter will provide you with a list of post-op instructions for a smooth and successful recovery. Discomfort and bruising may occur, but are temporary and will reside within a week.
For more information or to schedule your consultation, contact our office in Cumberland, Maryland.