in Cumberland, Hagerstown, Morgantown
Children are a true blessing, and we love kids at Allegany Plastic Surgery! The changes that result from childbearing, however, are not always such a blessing. Pregnancy and the hormone changes that accompany it often produce predictable and often unwanted changes to a woman’s figure. These include:
- Stretch marks of the skin of the breasts or the trunk.
- Loss of volume and/or sagging of the breasts.
- Stretched out or sagging skin of the stomach.
- Loss of muscle tone of the abdomen and looseness of the abdominal muscles.
- Unwanted fat collections in the belly, flanks, and hips.
- Unsightly C-section scars.
Correcting Pregnancy Changes with a Mommy Makeover
After childbearing many women want to correct these changes to their bodies and return to how they used to look. Common techniques to correct these changes typical of pregnancy include:
- Breast augmentation, which corrects the loss of the breast tissue that follows breastfeeding.
- Breastlift, which corrects sagging of the breasts and can lessen the appearance of stretch marks of the breast skin.
- Liposuction to remove unwanted fat collections in the abdomen, flanks, or hips.
- Tummy tuck, which removes stretch marks, tightens abdominal muscles, tightens the abdominal skin, and can rearrange unsightly C-section scars.
- Often a combination of these procedures is used to achieve the best outcome.